Handcrafted jewels are delicate and will have a long, happy life if treated with tender, loving care.
Here are a few tips for maintaining your new jewels.
• Avoid dropping your jewels. When putting on or taking off, hold jewels over a soft surface so that in the event of an accidental drop, their landing is cushioned.
• Do not bang or hit against hard objects. Be careful with rings when opening/closing drawers. Even a diamond can scratch or chip if not properly cared for.
• Remove jewels before sleep, and store in the provided boxes and pouches, which are also perfect for travel.
• To maintain the beauty of the gold and the stones, it is recommended that they not be exposed to commercial jewelry cleaners, solutions, steamers, perfumes, soaps or hand lotions.
• Do not shower, wash hands or swim in bezel-set pieces, as water can seep into the settings.
• Emeralds, opals, turquoise & pearls are porous and are more susceptible to scratching, or surface damage from exposure to chemicals.
• Slide rings on and off the finger by holding the band, avoiding pressure or stress on the stone setting.
• Gently wiping stones with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth will clean them without harm.
• Natural variations in the texture of the gold are characteristic of Stephanie's handcrafted pieces and should not be considered flaws.
If an issue arises and your jewelry needs a tune-up, please contact us for professional cleaning or maintenance.